Friday, November 13, 2009

Friday Recap: Hand Out 500


Is it really Friday? Wow, what a week we had! As you may know, the worldwide release of "Hand Out 500 by Steve Haynes" was released on Monday, and it's been literally flying off the shelves. Seriously. I actually saw one of them sprout wings and try to fly out the window before I wrestled it back to the ground!

I cannot say enough good things about this DVD. It's very well explained, and the effect is probably one of the best I've ever seen. It packs small, you carry it with you no matter where you're at, and there is an instant connection between you and the people you're performing for (because everyone understands money and the importance of it).

To me, one of the marks of a great effect is one that you can watch over and over, and even when you KNOW THE SECRET, you are still blown away by how visual and convincing it is. This is one of those tricks. I know how it works. I know all the moves. And yet, it still fools me when I watch it because it's THAT GOOD!

Most importantly though, when purchasing this effect, you're supporting not only us (thank you, thank you, thank you), but you're supporting a GREAT guy in Steve Haynes. I think this is an overlooked point that many don't consider. There are some real egotistical pumpkinheads out there who put out effects and think that they're one step away from sainthood. You don't realize that supporting certain creators (or companies) is directly feeding into that pompous attitude that they have.

Well, I am happy to say that Steve is not like that. He's a genuine nice guy. I sent him a text message this week, out of the blue, just thanking him for his contribution to the magic community, and within mere seconds, he called me back personally. We spoke for about 5 minutes while I was on the road, and to me, that meant a lot. He was very appreciative and sincere, and these are the kinds of people we put our efforts into supporting at MJM.

So once again, thank you Steve for the wonderful effect. And to those who haven't gotten it yet, we purchased a TON of these and they are going fast.........Ooops, there went another one!

Watch the demo video and pick it up right here: http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/hand-out-500-by-steve-haynes-presented-by-paul-harris-dvd-p-10152.html

No comments: