Saturday, December 05, 2009

Some Unexpected Downtime - YIKES!!

Whoa, that was a little bit scary!

So this morning, I wake up in bed to the sound of my kids jumping on my mattress. I tried to lay there for as long as I could, but that's like trying to take a nap backstage at a Metallica concert. It ain't gonna happen.

So I mosey on out of bed, and as usual, I go to check out things with MJM Magic to make sure everything is working (when you run a business, there is no such thing as a "weekend off!").

To my shock and horror, I see that the website is down! Keep in mind that this is the first time this has happened in over a year. So immediately, after almost defecating myself, I get my wits about me and go into scramble mode.

Fortunately, I found a solution and I was able to get it back up in under ten minutes. That is the good news. The bad news (for us, at least) is that the site appeared to have been down all last evening, all throughout the night, and into this morning......so we missed out on a lot of sales.

At least we still have our Magic Cap DVD promotion well into effect (that's a GREAT deal......a $25.00 value being given away for spending only $100), and we plan to have other promotions through New Years to celebrate the holiday season.

Anyway, I just wanted to vent and inform you guys of what happened, in case you came to the site and it was down. We still don't know WHY it happened, because nothing changed on our side. I can only guess that the server did some kind of auto update and installed a newer version of something which conflicted with our software.

If you have ANY questions or concerns, just let us know through the CONTACT US form on our website. I'd be more than happy to clear anything up.

No comments: