Thursday, November 11, 2010

MJM Thanks the Veterans


Today is Veteran's Day in the USA, and I just want to thank each and every person who has put their life on the line to protect our country and the freedoms that we have.

I'd like to share an article published this week in a large newspaper here in the Bay Area, which features a write up on my uncle Frank Lopez. He was a marine in the Vietnam war, and he is working hard to get a memorial erected in San Jose to honor all the local boys who lost their lives in that war.

I thought the piece was very well written, and I got to see some old photos of my uncle that I've never seen before:

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_16578057?nclick_check=1

So thank you, Uncle Frank and the rest of the men and women around the world, who have served this country and many who paid the ultimate sacrifice.

No comments: