Thursday, February 09, 2012

MJM Magic Was Down........and BACK!

Whew, holy crap! What a way to come into work in the morning!

"What happened?" you may ask.

Well, the first thing I do every morning when I come to work is log into the MJM Magic website, and see how many new orders we received over the evening hours. So I went to my administration panel, but the website doesn't come up or respond.

Hmmmmm, that's odd. Perhaps the administration panel was down. So I then try to go to the customer website (the place you guys all see when you go to http://www.MJMMagic.com). To my SHOCK and HORROR, that site was also down as well.

Bottom line: the website was gone. Shut down. Not responsive. DOA. Flatlined. You get the picture!

I immediately called up our data center in Texas, and come to find out, they had disconnected our server due to an expired credit card! AGGGHHHH!!!! Apparently, I had some old contact information in there, so they had been trying to get a hold of me for a week to update our server billing information, but since we hadn't responded, they disconnected the server.

So I spent the first part of our morning on the phone, desperately trying to fix the situation. My biggest fear was that I would get them the payment, but they would destroy my hopes and dreams by saying the server was recycled or something. THANKFULLY, that wasn't the case. I simply paid them the invoice and the server was back online within two minutes.

Minor heart attack averted!

Thanks for being so patient, in case you happened to come to the site in the brief amount of time that it was offline. I am going to have a large cup of coffee now and try to calm down a bit after this scare!

No comments: