Monday, June 13, 2011

Back from the Caribbean - Tan and Relaxed!


So last week, we did something we haven't been able to do for over 8 years: take a vacation!

Those of you who have shopped at MJM Magic for any length of time know that we are devoted nonstop to our customers. This usually means working long hours, off hours, and holidays. It's hard for me to get away ----- not so much because I don't have time, but I simply worry too much.

What if I leave the store and our customers don't get the kind of customer service that I provide on a daily basis?

What if something goes wrong when I'
m not here to manage and rectify it?



Thoughts like those have kept me from really taking a much needed vacation for so many years. However, it was finally time. MJM Magic has grown so much, I felt confident enough to leave the daily store management in the hands of my trusty cohort, Steve.

If you made a purchase anytime last week, or perhaps wrote an email, you no doubt got a response from Steve. I must say that he really took over my job nicely, and it allowed me to have a successful vacation away from everything.

So where did I go? As the title of this blog suggests, we went to the Caribbean. And by "we," I mean Brandi and I. For those who may not know, in addition to being an integral part of MJM Magic, Brandi is also my wife. We made a bet last year, and I told her if she won, I would take her on a Caribbean Cruise. Needless to say, she won, and we went!

We were gone for roughly a week, and it was so much fun. I am including a few pics we took of ourselves when we were gone.




Most of you have NEVER seen Brandi before. She's always remained a vocal (but visually hidden) part of the store, mainly because she usually doesn't like how she turns out in pictures. However, I think she looks GREAT in these shots, and therefore I'm posting them for you guys to see how pretty she is. Those who have ever dealt with Brandi in the past can now have an idea of what she looks like. (Of course, you all know what my ugly mug looks like from my videos on MJM Magic).

Anyway, it's great to be back and in the swing of things again. I'm looking forward to Father's Day coming up this weekend, and I plan to have some kind of special promotion for you guys around that time. Stay tuned!


No comments: